Open-mindedly Opinionated

As far as my latest post goes, I'm still unsure of my current mental state.

But getting my thoughts written out was a huge relief, even though it was on a touchy topic. It was something that was always on my mind, always had my doubts about, and getting that off my chest has eased my slumber these days.

Like my tag-line says: I'm writing for the sake of self-expression.

And though that is what I'm doing, I realize that having an outlet for my negative and funny feelings shouldn't overpower the positive ones.

So, as a writer's promise, I vow to bring you lovely (and evidently loyal and not all that numerous) readers more cheery posts. People might not think this from me, not having a good way with spoken words, but I can be a bit of a chatterbox, especially when I'm talking about something I'm really into. I can probably go on for days on end if there was noone (or even myself) to stop me.

I guess one of the main reasons that I'm quiet around others is that my preferred topic of discussion aren't that mainstream. I have yet to meet someone with my tastes, and so find myself lacking a conversation companion. The fact that I cannot openly speak in English also proves to a disadvantage.

Oh well. Maybe Singapore will change that, though honestly I cannot understand a single word of Singlish.

I've always liked writing reviews. Lengthy and emotionally opinionated ones about things I see, hear, watch or read. So I'm planning on writing them out here, from books to art to movies, anything and everything I feel like sharing.

My strong opinionated sense of judgment is evident from my last post on religion, but please do note that while I can hold onto a point or perspective agressively, I do not immediately dismiss other's thoughts, so feel free to share.

I watched The Hunger Games today, which was quite amazing, but since it's late, I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.

'Till then.

--Your Honorable Blogger, Karin Novelia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment