A Link To The Past

Hey, 2nd post in 2011! You know the New Year festivities has really gotten me thinking about the future. My expectations, the endless possibilities. But, of course it also has gotten me thinkgin about the past. Like I've written down in my previous posts, one of the main things that happened in 2010 was the sudden spike in my love life. 

These are the tweets I wrote out when I found myself waking up at 5 a.m. last Thursday and opened my phone to read a super sweet text from my boyfriend who is all the way at Turkey at the moment. The thing is about getting into the relationship it seemed so sudden, such a blur, I couldn't believe 8-9-10 had even happened at all. But ending up with this guy... a guy I used to see a lot back in Elementary but never really had the chance to get to know... was it really I coincidence that we met up again now?

Well, who knows? The universe works in mysterious ways. Here are the tweets! :D

When I first saw you, all those years ago, I'll admit, I felt attracted. Though it was obvious you were crushing on someone else.

So you exited my mind. And there were rare days where I did see you and I did enjoy it. It's like everything stopped at the sight of you.

But we were always walking off in opposite directions. With our own friends, crushing on other people. Like we were in our own little worlds.

Middle school. We saw each other again now that we were in the same school building. Actually, you seemed to be everywhere. Always busy.

The first time I met you. Beyond just a glance, with an actual conversation. First impression: So Out Of My League.

I'm no expert in this game called Crushing and Falling In Love but at least, I know what I want.

You were exactly the kind of guy that I would fall for. And exactly the kind I knew was out of my reach.

So I guess I sort of... went against my own instincts and blocked the possibility of even crushing on you from my mind. Friends. For now.

Does it sound stupid to have fallen for someone, even unconsciously, within the span of ten days?

Not stupid, per se. Just foolish.

But it wasn't just any 10 days. It was the best 10 days of my life, spent by the 20 of us. And among that 20 was you and me.

If there's one thing I regret about those 10 days it would be the fact that, at times, I wasn't at my best.

All because of that one night that was such a nightmare, the repercussions of what happened still able to be felt now.

But you... you were always just there. You'd have your seat next to mine, you'd walk around with me, you'd stand next to me in photos.

Remember how we got so close? First day, USS. You asked to finish my lunch, and I let you. Then you asked again and again the next day.

In those 10 days, we were in a bubble. Staying abroad, away from the pressures at school and home. Free to enjoy the trip and have fun. 

I guess it was a once-in-a-life time opportunity, spending that time with you.

I hadn't even begun to realize my feelings for you until after we came back. 

In the car on the way home from the airport. Dark night, awkward silence. Then my phone vibrates with a new text message. It's from you. 

I refrained from asking the question that pops into my head when a guy texts me for the first time. "How the heck did you get my number?"  

I guess a huge part of me didn't care. I was glad you texted me. You saved my night.

A week went by and we were always texting. You were actually... showing signs that you were interested in me. I couldn't believe it.

When I told my my closest friends about you. How you acted towards me, how you made me feel, how "gw lw" became "aku kamu". They'd say...

"Maybe he likes you, Rin." Hearing that for the first time made my ears ring. It sounded impossible. Yet in the end it was true.

And hearing it, straight from you, that you did like me, that was a feeling like no other.

Honestly, I've never been in this kind of situation before. Where a guy shows interest in me first, and I guess, charmed me into liking him.

You are cute, I'll admit that. You're one of the most nicest-looking guys I know. There's something about your smile. You're... alluring.

The thing is, from what I've heard, you had this sort of bad boy reputation.

At first it was just warnings from friends. "Be careful with him" stuff like that.

From others it sounded a little more harsh. As if they were just waiting for this to end, expecting things to go wrong.

"Hah, you won't even last a month..." I once heard someone say. God, sometimes I'd just wish they'd shut up! Hadn't I made MY choice?

I did made my choice. On that day you chose to pop the question came my decision. I said, yes.

And since then you've surprised my again and again. You've shown, proven to me that I was right -- there's more to you than meets the eye.

I can now say from the bottom of my heart: I love you. And I hope that'll never change.

-- Karin Novelia, In Love With A Boy She First Saw Years Ago

0 comments:

Post a Comment