Nostalgia

(Orignally posted on Tumblr, March 21st. writewordstosay.tumblr.com)

The Past is a strong word.

It reflects the moments that have been. The events that have passed. The words that have been said. The things that have been done. The feelings that have been felt.

They are things that we are glad have happened. And things we wished never did.

Regrets. That’s a strong word too. It portrays the feeling of wanting to change the Past. But of course, we all know that’s never possible.

I hate dwelling in the past and having those regrets. And I hate that I do it so often. But lately, my present has been so great, I haven’t even thought about ‘my old life’.

And considering what I went through just last night, I’ve learned that memories can be a painful thing.
So take it from me: Don’t dwell in the past for too long.

Memories can be good or bad. But it’s the good ones we really want to remember. But if we start thinking the past is better than our present, then regrets just start to surface. We start to miss the things we had.
That’s nostalgia. Try to avoid it

--Karin Novelia, Drowning in Nostalgia

0 comments:

Post a Comment