Packing Up

I know, I've neglected posting but well I've really been busy and any day where I refrain from spending even one second in front of a computer is an immense acheivement.

Started packing, which turns out to be really easy. I managed to tidy things up yesterday, sort out my clothes, even packed up my books. After much deliberation (well, not really) here are the 5 books I'm taking with me (+ 1 which will me there in Singapore since it's with a fellow scholar right now).

1). The Complete Adventure of Sherlock Holmes, Volume II by Sir ACD (Barnes and Noble):
How could I leave behind the world's greatest consulting detective? This will satisfy my inner detective, give me a sense of Victorian London (a period I just adore, by the way) and of course remind me that even the greatest people have their flaws.
2). The Book Thief by Markus Zusak:
An eloquent novel that demonstrates the power of words and how good and bad go hand in hand. Also useful when I want too read about a Death that's almost human.
3). The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern:
A book to pick up whenever I want to venture to the Cirque de Reves and experience the magical and impossible. Also to remind me that the difference between dreams and reality might not be that apparent.
4). Artemis Fowl and The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (Disney Hyperion):
The last book in the first fictional series I ever read on my own volition. So yeah, a bit sentimental this one. And this is the Hyperion version, where the covers are just amazing, and makes Artemis look like such a badass haha. Whenever I want a glimpse of the snarky and suave anti-hero, want an adventure filled with magic, faeries and plenty of witty banter.
5). Life of Pi by Yann Martel:
 A great read I'll pick up whenever I have any doubts or lose my faith.
6). Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain:
To remind me of my strengths and that I'm not the only one who sees nothing wrong with being quiet.
So that's it. The small myriad of novels that will decorate my shelves for the next 4 years. And honestly, Wednesday can not come fast enough.

I'll try to make up for the missing posts. Somehow.

Cheers!

--Karin Novelia
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment