Ain't No Mountain (Hill) High Enough (#Penang2015) [Part 5]


On what was our last day in precious ol' Penang, we decided to go up the famous Penang Hill. We got up, got showered and relished our last few moments in the hostel (which was excellent btw would definitely come back and stay there again). Next, we headed out in search of food, and you won't believe how excited I was to hear we were going to a mamak shop and yes, you know what that means: CURRY!!
The chicken was huge and the curry was amazing.
Best (and biggest) meal I've had in Penang.
I swear this picture isn't slanted, we were on a hill.
there's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold //
and she's buying a stairway to heaven
Riding the train to the top of the hill was pretty cool.
the light at the end of the tunnel


Aerial (and very foggy view) of Penang.


This reminds me of Doctor Who scene where Wilfred says
"We must seem like ants to you." and Tenth replies "No. From
where I'm standing, you look like giants." Or something like that.
out of focus, out of mind
just in time // im so glad you have // a one track mind like me
Looking down at everything from up here reminds me
that I stand on the shoulders of giants.


This one just looks post-apocalyptic.
The branches look like two hands reaching up to the heavens.
fluffy cotton candy clouds <3

Kind of a quaint reminder that the world is really in you reach.
Seeing these guys smile just makes me so happy.
Buddhist temples have always been so interesting to me.

There was a little bridge that took a page out the Koln bridge's book.

Cringes because my new shoes got so dirty after the hike down.
important reminder.
Something called the "Devil's Claw" and you can obviously tell why.

Nature walks are always so fun. You're always somewhere
in between OH LOOK PRETTY NATURE and OHMYGOSH
I ALMOST SLIPPED AND DIED.

Shot of the Middle Station we reached after about an hour's hike.
Credits to Monika for this pic.


--Karin Novelia, Wondering How She's Gonna Get The Dirt Off Her Shoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment