Hitting The Streets (#Penang2015) [Part 2]

The next day of our lovely tour of Penang, we decided to hit the streets and check out the really cool street art that practically covers the town and also doing some souvenir shopping at whatever cute and random little shops we found ourselves in. Enjoy the photos!

Street market wasn't particularly packed but motorcycles
sometimes tried to squeeze past.


Adorable cartoon detectives?
There are quite a few Banksy-esque street art
that made use of the surroundings (that chair is stuck in place)

You can tell by the shadows that it was really bright out.
Have a barongsai jumping out from the wall.
Promoting racial harmony?
You can't really see in the picture, but there were slabs on the road
with speech bubbles filled with different dialects and local slang.
I love how colorful the shop fronts are.
Of course, one of my better shots is one of street art
featuring cats and dogs.
We went inside this shop which also served as a museum, telling
the story of the owner's grandfather who was an immigrant
and left behind this suitcase filled with his documents.

So retro.
Silhouettes. 
Hopefully I can own my own typewriter someday.
This one was beautiful.

I remember riding around in one of these when I was little
in my grandparents' house.
Something I hope I'll never lose.

One of the more well-known street art here in Penang.
I don't really get the pun but maybe that's because
I'm a pseudo-Chinese.
There's a legit owl shop filled with the most adorable owl merch.


Random alley I just thought looked kinda pretty (in a rustic kinda way)
(Part 3)

--Karin Novelia, Lighting Up The Streets of Penang ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment