Off The Grid: Day 1

I've had a pretty productive day today. I went swimming the evening prior, which has left me pretty wiped, but I still managed to wake up slightly early and stretch this morning. I had a light breakfast and spent the morning alone, as my Mom went out to pick up my Dad from the airport. I was happy to see him home. He looked tired, but satisfied, just like he did after every trip. He told me stories, showed me some souvenirs. And like every trip, he brought home some chocolates :)

My Dad was pretty tired too and soon took a nap. I wrote and read and drew. It was nice. Having a whole day with no fixed schedule, I could drift back and forth to the little things I liked to do, not having to worry about time or motivation. And though many would prefer a relaxed day, not trying to doing several things before the sun came down, this leisurely-busy pace was perfect for me. It kept me occupied, kept me from being bored.

Going off the grid has proven to have its merits. I've barely touched my phone all day, which in itself could be called an accomplishment. I don't feel the need to check my messages or my Twitter or my Skype. And it's relieving in a way, not having to think about those social neccessities, even if just for a little while.

I've also put up the next chapter of one of my short stories here, in the previous post. It's not much, I know, but it moves the story forward a bit, and if anything, it's a start.

And I've come to fully realize how much I savour being alone. I haven't had a chance to breathe in awhile. Let's just hope I can collect my breath before I have to brave the waters again.

Thanks for reading!

--Karin Novelia

0 comments:

Post a Comment