AYC, Day 10

5th August 2010

This is it. The day of JUDGEMENT.

....

Confused? Good, cuz I made that up HAHA! But seriously, today was the day. The final day. Day 10, or as I like to refer to it Day Z, the day we would leave Singapore.

We stayed up late again last night, me and the gang, and took advantage of this day to finally sleep in. We had plans to go to Orchard Road, but since no one wanted to wake up, we didn't have time.

We got to the airport around 1-ish I think, all together. Now was the time to say goodbye. We were sent off by Darren (who still owes use us all something :P), Vivian, Ryan and Yi Xin the greatest guys from Outreach. Even Ezra and Dhiraj came soon after from school, just to say goodbye :')

Man, I don't know why but AYC has really changed me, made me more emotional. I actually cried as we bid each other farewell and hugged. That was a first for me, really. Crying openly in front of everybody, even people I had only gotten to know in a week. Most of us were crying, some on the verge of doing so. 

Man. I can't believe how painful this suddenly became. I didn't want to say goodbye. I didn't want to leave. Not yet, at least. And maybe, deep inside, not ever.

We checked-in and went past security. My eyes were dry by then, but my heart still felt heavy. We kept on waving to the guys outside, until at the last moment possible. We even waved goodbye to Yudhi (Bye, bye! XD) since he was going on a different flight.

We hanged around the terminal a bit, trying to find a quick lunch before headed on the plane. I was stuffed by the dinner was over. Stuffed because of the food. Stuffed because of the emotional overflow.


I stayed quiet the rest of the flight, sharing my plate with Evan, my personal vacuum cleaner (XD), thinking again on AYC, looking a the farewell notes I got from everybody.

Goodbye is one of the hardest words, no?

But then a thought came to mind:

"Sometimes, good things have to end. That way, there's room for better things to happen."

Once the plane touched back down on Soekarno Hatta airport, I couldn't help but smile. I was sad to have to say goodbye. But goodbye would not be for ever. I'll be back Singapore, just you wait, guys! For now I was back home.

So that's the end of the blog post feed. Thanks for reading. 

Dedicated to AYC 2010!

--Karin Novelia

0 comments:

Post a Comment