Foreseeing the Uncertain Future

Time is a fluid as water, as brittle as sand. It moves forward endless, unbounded to the forces and power we humans posses. Lately, I've been feeling that time has become an enemy of mine. It moves so slow, when I want it to speed up, and yet it taunts me by giving me so little of what it can give when I have numerous things I want to resolve and accomplish.

I've going through some problems, after evidently reaching such a jubilant high.

Apparently, our ASEAN day plans have it a rut in the road. The school has shown disagreement for the planned proceedings to be held on the 30th and 31st of August, which is coming up pretty soon. They don't approve us taking up some school periods, especially since we're nearing Lebaran holidays.

It has been suggested that we postpone ASEAN Day back to the 28th of October, coincidingly Hari Pemuda or Youth Day in Indonesia. Personally, I see nothing wrong with this change. But what bothers me is that we have to change ASEAN day to Indo Day. Cutting back on the ASEAN stuff and showoing more of Indonesia, isn't wrong, but what about all of our hard work and preparation these past few days? Do we just throw them out the window?

There are times like these when you don't like something, but feels so powerless to do anything about it. The future is unexpected. We can't say for sure what it holds for us. But when we try to foresee this uncertain future, we catch a glimpse of what could be. An image of a brighter future.

I guess that inspite of all this uncertainty, I want to only work harder than ever. By keeping optimistic, keeping on picturing a better future, I'll do what I can to make sure it comes true.

Wish me luck!

--Karin Novelia

1 comments:

Quindarta Yudi Atmanta said...

I am very sorry, karin...i know this is something that you don't want to hear, and please understand, it was not easy to tell you about it. :|, all of your preparation is KEPT, VERY WELL KEPT, not THROWN OUT OF THE WINDOW..I'm still very proud of what you all have prepared so far, let's move on, and do not let this bury our youth spirit!

Post a Comment