Bird's Eye View (#Blogmas: Day 12)

Hey-o, hey-a!
 
It's been awhile since my last post, and if you're reading this in Indonesia, it's already the 13th of December. But I have been travelling for the past 18 hours or so, and I am currently in my brother's apartment in Cupertino, not far from San Francisco and right now, it's still the 12th so I say this is fair game.
 
I love travelling, and I can't wait what this trip of mine has in store. But honesty, this trip was quite possibly the worst flight I have ever experienced because, today of all days, the Red Dragon (what i like to call my period) decided to come out of the cave. Having your period is painful enough, but to have it while you are on a plane for 6+ hours, is just the worse. You already feel like you can't move that much and move comfortably because of your period, and it is only worsened by the fact that you are confined in your passenger's seat and you can't lie down, you can't stretch properly and the cramps and back aches just... gah.
 
So yeah. That was a new experience but definitely not one I want to experience again.
 
An upside from the flight was that in both legs (i took a 6 hour flight from jakarta to taiwan and after 2 hours transit, a 10 hour flight to San Francisco) I managed to get a window seat. And I don't know why, but the views from my airplane seat window were simply amazing. When we left Taiwan, the sun was starting to set, and the colors on the horizon were beautiful (posted a pic on my instagram @kainovelia if ur interested, maybe ur not, just in case y'know fyi idk)
 
There's something especially enchanting about seeing a sprawling city being lit up at night from what is a pretty good bird's eye view. It was already dark by the time we left Taiwan and when we landed in San Francisco, the city lights just filled up the window. I was captivated by the way the lights, especially those around the bay, just shone. I could see the waves by the shorelines and see the movement of cars on the lit streets. In a way, seeing the city's lights is like looking at the city's blood flow. The lit up streets are the veins, the moving cars like blood streaming through the body. The lights represent the vibrancy, the very pulse of city life.
 
I don't even know if I'm making sense right now. I wanted to take a picture of the city lights like I did the sunset, but my phone for some register could not capture the lights properly. Oh well. Hopefully, I get to use my Canon DSLR this trip and use it well, get some cool shots to show y'all.
 
But for now, I just really need some rest.
 
'Til the next post!
 
--Karin Novelia, Travelling At Last!

0 comments:

Post a Comment