Snap! [National Mall Area, Washington D.C.] (#Blogmas: Day 27)

As promised, here are some pics of the adventurous day I spent in Washington, D.C.
 
 
 
Slightly random statue outside the Ronald Reagan Building where we parked
 
Though we may not be photogenic, at east our shadows are.
 
The Washington Monument in all its slab stone glory.
 
The White House, from afar.
 
Okay the sun was crazy bright today, and my noob photographer
was showing because I couldn't get the lighting right, but it resulted in
this pretty cool shot. I mean look at that sky. The streaks of white
are from planes or maybe even jet fighters (according to me sis)
 
Siblings and the White House.
 
Doing the classic tourist thing by being excited over American hotdogs.
 
A rare photo of the family photographer, taken by my Dad.
Of course it had to be at least a bit derp face-ish.
 
America loves their flags and also their beautiful architecture.
 
The entrance of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.
Apparently, the Smithsonian comprises of 6/7 different buildings,
and because time is tight we didn't manage to get to them all.
Really wanted to see the Air and Space Museum :(
 
This beautiful creature greeted us at the entrance.
 
Actual skeleton of a great white shark's jaws.
Excuse the dim lighting, the museum lights made my noob show.
 
Artsy, experimental close-up shot of a Sea Urchin fossil (cool!!)
 
Not sure why they have a Korean Gallery in the Museum
of Natural History, but meh. Not complaining.
 
There was this beautiful illustration of a Korean village
that was stuffedin this tall black ceramic urn thingie
(kinda like a ship in a bottle). It was cool.
 
DINOSAURS!! The Dino exhibit was hella crowded, so have
this crappy shot of a Triceratops. There was a T-rex but I
could not be bothered to brave the massive crowd.
 

This might seem to be a flat 2-D image, but it's actually a
3-D sculpture made of metal bent at weird angles. It was
so trippy to me, I spent a good 10 minutes staring at it.
Found at the Gallery of Art park (or sth like that)
It even had an ice skating rink. I was tempted.

Family shot in front of the Capitol Hill building
(which is rly small cuz we couldn't be bothered
to walk any closer to it lol)
 
Another photo of me!! Not derp face-ish this time, but
sadly that passed onto my brother lol
And there ya go! I was kinda disappointed in myself, because I didn't take as many good photos as I did back in San Fransisco, and idk. I'm such a noob when it comes to photography *facepalm* but I like to think I'm getting the hang of it.
 
Anyways, just a heads-up. I might not be able to post anything for the rest of the trip as it goes on, because my laptop is almost dead and I forgot the plug of the charger doesn't fit into American sokcets. And no adaptor. 
 
I am just such a forward-thinker (not.)
 
Until the next post then, dear imaginary reader. xoxo.
 
--Karin Novelia, Kicking It Up In D.C. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment