On A Plane Then A Car.... (#Blogmas: Day 26)

Hello. Quick update.
 
After surviving a somewhat gruesome late night flight, I have arrived in New York City, wide-eyed and bushy-tailed, which is as things should be. Me and my fam got upgraded seats (merry christmas, indeed) and I did get to sleep on the plane.
 
But get this. America (MURICA) is so big, that it takes 5 hours to fly from San Jose to New York, and there's a 3 hour time difference to boot. Safe to say my internal clock is well out of whack, but at least I'm sleeping enough hours even tough I sleep way too early now.
 
Right now, I am blogging from the lobby of the Hilton Washington Hotel, which means, yes, dear reader, I am currently in Washington, D.C. instead of New York. As soon as we settled in to the rented car, fresh off the plane, I sort of fell asleep, and a good 5 hours later, we drove through New Jersey to find ourselves in Washington, D.C.
 
So yeah, just basically a day filled with traveling, which doesn't give me much to blog about.
 
It is cold here. Like really cold, but I love it. Better than the humid heat I'm used to in the tropics of Southeast Asia. We decided to venture out into the cold for a bit, just walking around near the hotel searching for some dinner.
 
I just love how huge and spacey everything is in America. And the roads and sidewalks are just so wide and well-planned (i guess??) and they just make it so easier to walk around. Oh and I can personally confirm, that when people say there is a Starbucks in every corner of America, they are not exaggerating. I literally passed one only to find another one just a few blocks down. Yeah.
 
We ended up having some Asian cuisine for dinner. We found this place called the Shop House, which serves this really yummy rice bowl inspired by Thai and Vietnamese food. I had organic tofu with stir-fried broccoli, which might not sound so appealing, but was tied together by their ttotally amazing green sauce curry.
 
I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it.
 
I guess that's all for tonight. The plan for tomorrow is to hit the National Mall area, see the White House, the Capitol Hill building, maybe the Lincoln Memorial and a visit to one of the Smithsonian Museums, we haven't decided which one. So yaaaay, excitement.
 
Until tomorrow then, imaginary audience. xoxo.
 
--Karin Novelia, Having A Party in the USA (hey. hey.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment